“TEACHING OUT OF THE BOX”
presents the 4th Annual
Summer Creativity Institute!
A dynamic and creative experience for all creative souls with two days of wonderful workshops! We hope that you will be able join us for this informative and fun event.
TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY,
AUGUST 12-13, 2014
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Summer Creativity Institute is a two-day hands-on retreat that we’ve designed for all creative and creatively interested people. We’ve discovered that many of our regular attendees are educators in a variety of capacities who come for new techniques, creative inspiration and personal growth. Regardless of your background, our event offers up inspiring fun that you can take with you into your personal or professional life. We hope you will join us!
We will join together to learn simple but effective ways to integrate creative activities into our lives.
Activities will feature creative writing that can be integrated into literacy instruction to stimulate, motivate and enhance student learning. Dynamic workshops with a focus on environmental responsibility and an awareness of the budget constraints of schools, will use recycled and “upcycled” materials for many of the projects. Learn how to be creative on a shoestring budget and how to promote literacy through the exciting practice of “Art Journaling” and various styles of poetry. Abandon your fears of CREATIVITY and experience our belief that Creative Is A State of Mind. Come and network with likeminded individuals, make new friends, join professional artists, writers and educators for this informative, inspiring and spirit building event and leave with a box full of new ideas!
This event is open to all traditional and non-traditional educators as well as artists, crafters and creativity seekers.
12 Professional Development hours will be provided to all attendees.
The Bottom Line:
Registration will be limited.
The cost for the two-day event is $275.00 (early registration until June 1–$325.00 after this date).
This fee includes coffee, snacks, lunch and special supplies for both days!
Payment due at time of Registration.
Reasons For Teachers to Attend:
- We’ll explore the latest activities to enhance your brain compatible learning and creativity and discuss ways to apply these ideas to your curriculum.
- You’ll learn strategies to encourage and motivate the most reluctant writers.
- You will get the best practices that will have an immediate impact on your approach to teaching and your classroom.
- It’s TWO high-energy days packed with non-stop, hands-on learning!
- We will focus on easy, 5-minute activities to enhance any curriculum.
- There will be strategies for both new and experienced teachers, as well as inspiration for those in the expressive arts.
- You’ll see how you can engage your students by integrating creative technology practices into the curriculum.
- We’ll show you nature-inspired writing and art activities straight from the No Child Left Indoors movement.
- You’ll learn how storytelling works to meet standards and motivate students to write.
- We’ll show you budget-friendly recycled and “upcycled” projects.
- You will have an experience deepen your understanding of learning and feed your own creative soul.
- It will be really fun and if you can only attend one professional development this year, this should be it!
- F.O.M.S. (Fear Of Missing Something!)
Schools paying via Purchase Order, Payable to “Brown Dog Books”and must be received by June 13!
Send POs to: TOOTB c/o Deb Barends, 616 Woodglen Rd., Glen Gardner, 08826
CLICK HERE for the 2014 TOOTB REGISTRATION