“TEACHING OUT OF THE BOX”
presents the 3rd Annual
Summer Creativity Institute!
A dynamic and creative experience for Teachers and creative souls with two days of wonderful workshops! We hope that you will be able join us for this informative and fun event.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY, AUGUST 7-8, 2013
The Summer Creativity Institute is a two-day hands-on retreat that we’ve designed for teachers and educators, however, we’ve discovered that many of our regular attendees are what we call “creative souls,” and who come for new techniques, creative inspiration and personal growth. This year we are extending an official invitation to EVERYONE.
We will join together to learn simple but effective ways to integrate creative activities into our classrooms, our curriculum and our lives. Activities will feature literacy instruction that will stimulate, motivate and enhance student learning. Dynamic workshops explore the most recent brain science on how we learn and learn more effectively and, with a focus on environmental responsibility and an awareness of the budget constraints of schools, we use recycled and “upcycled” materials in many of the projects. Learn how to be creative on a shoestring budget and how to promote literacy through the exciting practice of “Art Journaling” and various styles of poetry. Abandon your fears of teaching creatively and experience our belief that Creative Is A State of Mind. Find out how you can integrate the arts, poetry, technology and nature-based learning into your classroom and your life. Come and network with likeminded individuals, make new friends, join professional artists, writers and educators for this informative, inspiring and spirit building event and leave with a box full of new ideas to enhance your teachings! This event is open to all traditional and non-traditional educators as well as artists, crafters and creativity seekers.
12 Professional Development hours will be provided to all attendees.
The Bottom Line:
Registration will be limited.
The cost for the two-day event is $275.00 (early registration until June 1–$325.00 after this date).
This fee includes coffee, snacks, lunch and special supplies for both days!
Payment due at time of Registration.
Reasons to Attend:
- We’ll explore the latest activities to enhance your brain compatible learning and creativity and discuss ways to apply these ideas to your curriculum.
- You’ll learn strategies to encourage and motivate the most reluctant writers.
- You will get the best practices that will have an immediate impact on your approach to teaching and your classroom.
- It’s TWO high-energy days packed with non-stop, hands-on learning!
- We will focus on easy, 5-minute activities to enhance any curriculum.
- There will be strategies for both new and experienced teachers, as well as inspiration for those in the expressive arts.
- You’ll see how you can engage your students by integrating creative technology practices into the curriculum.
- We’ll show you nature-inspired writing and art activities straight from the No Child Left Indoors movement.
- You’ll learn how storytelling works to meet standards and motivate students to write.
- We’ll show you budget-friendly recycled and “upcycled” projects.
- You will have an experience deepen your understanding of learning and feed your own creative soul.
- It will be really fun and if you can only attend one professional development this year, this should be it!
- F.O.M.S. (Fear Of Missing Something!)
Schools paying via Purchase Order, Payable to “Brown Dog Books”and must be received by June 15!
Send POs to: TOOTB c/o Deb Barends, 616 Woodglen Rd., Glen Gardner, 08826
CLICK HERE for the 2013 TOOTB REGISTRATION